The first rule of dermal fillers is; You must go to a licensed medical professional for you treatment!
Fillers are used for;
- filling in wrinkles, fine lines and deep creases
- improving other imperfections like scars
- filling out thin or wrinkled lips
- plumping up cheeks
- contouring the jaw line and other areas of the face
Generally fillers fit into the following categories, temporary fillers semi permanent fillers and permanent fillers.
Are typically made up of Hyaluronic Acid or HA, and last for about 8 months up to 2 years, although I’ve had fillers and they never lasted 2 years! Think of it this way; you’ve inflated a balloon a week ago and while there is still some air in it it doesn’t look like it did the first day you filled it!
- Restylane is a family of products which includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Silk, Perlane®, and Perlane-L®. Restylane, Restylane-L, Perlane, and Perlane-L can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). Restylane, Restylane-L and Restylane Silk may also be used for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years. Restylane Silk can be used to treat lip lines in patients over 21 years
- Juvederm® XC – HA filler designed for moderate to severe wrinkles around the nose and mouth for up to one year when the treatment is preformed correctly.
- Juvederm Voluma® XC – HA filler designed to instantly add volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21. It can provide you contour and a subtle lift for up to two years when the treatment is preformed correctly.
Semi Permenent Fillers;
- Radiesse – Made of small calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in a soft gel matrix designed to provide volume and lift needed to diminish the signs of aging. Both the gel and the microspheres are completely broken down by the body over time. Radiesse is also well known for volume replenishment in hands. Don’t let your hands give you away!
- Sculptra – Made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It works gradually in a series of treatments, 3 on average, over a few months. Sculptra can last up to 2 years but you wont necessarily see immediate results except some swelling so expect to wait for results for at least 28 days.
- Bellafill – Designed for mild to severe smile lines and also for pitted acne scars. It Made up of bovine collagen which provides immediate volume and lift while the PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate) microspheres create a matrix that supports production of the body’s own collagen over time. The microspheres provide a support matrix for lasting correction and are not absorbed by the body thus the permanent classification.
As with any medical procedure there are risks especially if the procedure is improperly performed. Side affects can include;
bruising, redness, pain and itching. I’ve also see uneven texture and small bumps from less experienced injectors. Less commonly, there may be infections or allergic reactions, which may cause scarring and lumps that may require surgical correction.
What dermal fillers will not do;
Dermal fillers are considered non-surgical or non invasive cosmetic procedures or rejuvenation treatments. You can not achieve the results of traditional plastic or cosmetic surgery with fillers.
As for my personal experience, I’ve tried Restylane, Juvaderm XC and Radiesse. I have liked them all and had no side affects except some mild bruising.
In Health and Happiness,
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14029689/?claim=6m25k3ntvb3″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>