DIY this easy and dramatic activated charcoal mask at home!
What you need!
- 4 activated charcoal gelatin capsules or approx 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 cup of bentonite clay
- 1 1/2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1/2 tsp of shea butter or coconut oil for dryer skin and for oily skin this step is optional
- 1-2 drops and no more lavender oil– optional, but I love the smell and the anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of it! (make sure you check for sensitivity first)
- Distilled water to your desired consistency. (I like my mask to be liquid enough to apply with a facial brush however, I usually don’t need to add any water to my mixture.)
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Stir in aloe vera gel and 1-2 dropS of lavender oil. Then mash in shea butter or coconut oil, if you’re using it and thin with distilled water as necessary. (It takes some time to mix and get all the clumps out!)
- Transfer to a jar for storage in fridge for up to 2 weeks. (maybe more but I’ve only stored it for 2 weeks myself)
- Apply a thin coat to face and leave on from 2-10 minutes. (masque doesn’t have to be completely dry before removing)
- Rinse very well with tepid water and follow up with hydrating serum and a moisturizer.
Click on the links above to read more or find the ingredients used.
In Health and Happiness,