Recently I was talking with a colleague about facial massage and she said she doesn’t do it because it has no real benefits. WTF?
I was pretty shocked, as not only have I had a lot of facials in my day but I have also performed a lot of facials as well and to me, the facial massage is crucial to the professional facial treatment.
In case any of you are wondering about the benefits of said facial massage, I’ve made a list below.
- Massage stimulates the circulation which brings blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin which is one of the main reasons why you absolutely glow after a facial!
- It warms the skin, which relaxes the pores making extractions easier and therefore less traumatic.
- It’s firming lifting and tightening, especially if done on a regular basis.
- It helps the skin to loosen and shed the dead cells via the manual exfoliation.
- Loosens up sinuses relaxing sinus pressure.
- Relaxes the surface muscle facial tensions that cause fine resting lines.
- Finally it’s lymphatic- The purpose of lymph drainage massage is to move fluid out of your tissues into lymph nodes where bacteria, viruses and other harmful microorganisms are destroyed and increases the circulation of white blood cells.
- Last but not least, YES, it feels amazing and relaxing.
Please let me know if there are benefits of facial massage I’m missing here because I always love to learn something new 🙂
In Health and Happiness,