is one of the most amazing ingredients in skincare! It’s good for any inflamed skin condition and leaves the skin smoother, clearer and brighter. Look for a Salicylic Acid that is derived from White Willow Bark, so you know you are getting a natural ingredient and not a synthetic one.
Salicylic Acid treats:
- Blemishes- from mild to angry
- Redness- from mild to angry
- Irritation of any kind!
To get into a bit more detail;
- SA is lipophilic (fat or sebum dissolver) & keratolytic (keratinized protein dissolver, think hardened blackheads) it can exfoliate areas (like inside the pores),which no other exfoliator can do.
- SA is an exfoliator, causing the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth.
- SA is antibacterial, which means has the potential to neutralize Acnesbacteria which is present in acne papules & pustules. SA’s antibacterial nature comes from its ability to inhibit the bacterial reproduction process.
- SA is also anti-inflammatory, soothing & treating blemishes, redness & irritation. this is key because, any additional inflammation will not only be uncomfortable but will worsen the appearance & condition of all of them.
- It does not dry out the skin so even dry skin types can benefit from it!
- It is used to treat many other skin conditions as well, such as; seborrhoeic dermatitis, psoriasis, calluses, corns, keratosis pilaris and warts.
- Because of it’s effect on skin cells, salicylic acid is used in shampoos to treat dandruff too.
This is one of my all-time favorite skin care ingredients & I wanted you all to know why it works so well!
Below is a products I use for myself and my clients because it’s very pure (ingredients listed below) and quite affordable. It is 2% Salicylic Acid and that is the minimum strength required for results according to all the clinical studies. You can use it directly on your skin and scalp a few times per week. Of course if any irritation occurs, discontinue use!
Purified Water, Grain Ethanol, Salicylic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Lysine, Colloidal Silver, Lavandula Latifolia, Camphor, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oil.
In Health and Happiness,