All of us have heard that one beauty “know-it-all” say something like this about the skincare products they choose.
Truth be told, I’ve been that “know-it-all” before myself! But, with time and research I’ve found this particular statement happens to be entirely untrue!
I’m here to tell you the truth, so you can make an informed decision!
And the truth is– There are really hard to pronounce ingredients that are really great for your skin! Here are a few examples along with the studies to back it up!
- Niacinamide = A soluble form of Vitamin B3. According to the British Journal of Dermatology in 2000 “”Topical application of Niacinamide has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, prevent skin from losing water content, and stimulate microcirculation in the dermis” source
- Tocopheryl Acetate = A form of Vitamin E. Maybe the most well researched and proven superstar antioxidant available. source
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine = Amino Acid which boosts the body’s levels of the essential tripeptide glutathione, a strong antioxidant which may even help inhibit arthritis! source
- Lactoperoxidase (LPO) = An enzyme naturally found in milk. Is antioxidant and according to the Journal of Applied Microbiology is antimicrobial and will help prevent yeasts, fungi and other bacteria from growing in your skincare products. source
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 = A synthetic peptide chain comprised of four amino acids which suppress excess interleukins* In the real world than means your collagen and elastin are more supple. We need intact collagen and elastin to slow down the wrinkling and sagging and give us soft supple skin! source
- Bisabolol = Chamomile essential oil. Good for skin and scalp soothing and healing. source
The lesson here? – Inform yourself and don’t rely on a company to tell you what’s what.
Natural doesn’t always mean what you think it does!
In Health and Happiness